Oy!

Oy….it’s been a while again. No excuses. Just straight into the post.


Things have been kind of crazy lately. I spend 98% of my non working time knitting. I am almost finished with my Christmas knitting and it feels great! I feel so wonderful about it that I have started to make my 2010 knitting list. How crazy is that?!?! I hope to make a lot of things in 2010. It is two fold really. I am starting on my weight loss journey. Or rather, getting back on the road. The holidays have provided quite the detour into food city. Today was a huge food fest at work. Our inaugural Festivus. We did it without the airing of grievances and naked wrestling though. We also didn’t have the traditional Festivus pole, but we were assured of one for next year. Really the day was all about getting the women of the office to cook food and bring it in for the men. They won’t admit that, of course, but that was the impetus behind it. It was fun all the same and we will be eating for the rest of the week! That being said, I need to get back on track so that I can lose 20 pounds by Valentines Day. I want to be thinner for next year’s Festivus. Well that and I want to buy a costume for next year’s Halloween event. Something that is not the Fat Lady Singing! So, how does knitting fit into all this? Well, when I knit I don’t snack and snacking is packing…on the pounds. So, more knitting and less eating is my 2010 mantra.

Yes, you read right I am so close to being done with my Christmas knitting! Which means I am that much closer to being done with my Christmas buying and knitting! I made a good portion of my gifts this year and I am happy about that. I still did do the store bought items though too. I think the only people who are not getting something knit by me are my nephews (I can’t knit Legos) and my brother-in-law. Everyone else gets something made by Heather. I am proud of each and every project too, which is a bonus.

I did my first lace project that was completely error free. You know how it is when you are working on a lace project and you forget a yarn over, or you forget to knit two together. Yeah, I did each and every row 100% correct! I can’t tell you how happy I was. I am usually always knitting two together on the in-between stabilizing rows, you know the knit all stitches/purl all stitches row. It was on the Noble Cowl I did. It is beautiful and so incredibly soft and delicate. I want to make another one and bump it up a needle size just to make it more roomy. I have a double chin and thicker neck than most designers, so a bump in needle size and the same number of stitches will be perfect I think. I hope to start on it soon.

I have being knitting dishcloths galore. I am standing at ten of eleven right now. I might throw in a twelfth if the bug bites. I did a set of four blue cloths for my aunt. I did a set of four green cloths for a dear friend. I also have almost a set of three pink cloths for a “just to have” gift. I may pick up a candle to go with the pink cloths.

I knit my first gloves! Fingerless, but still my very first pair of gloves! I love them. I have to make many more. Now that I am no longer a glove virgin, I can bust open my glove book and make elegant gloves…just as soon as I bust my stash and buy more yarn for them.

Stash busting! That is another part of my 2010 goal. 2010? Doesn’t that sound so Space Odyssey? Hmm…no flying cars, but computers do control lives. Any ways, I have a large stash of cotton! OMG Cotton! I also have some acrylics and some fingering weights to get busting. I have donated some of my old acrylics, some ugly wools, and some god awful Homespun. I am donating it to a local offender treatment program. I work for the parent corporation and used to work at the facility. These men are so crafty, it will be interesting to see what they make out of the yarn.

I have so many to do lists that it is insane. I have not set up our Christmas tree yet. I was going to do it this past Sunday, but the day just slipped away from me. I hope to go out to the garage tonight and pull it in and let it warm up. It has been below zero all week! We haven’t broken -3 at all this week. My boys have been cooped up in the house and the effects are starting to show.

The boys. Oh, my dear Cooper is having a sharing problem. He just does not want Elliott to have anything. Every time Elliott gets a toy, Cooper goes over and takes it away. He even has issues with Elliott eating. Eating! Just does not want him to have anything. I feel so bad for Elliott sometimes. He just lets Cooper take the stuff and goes and lays down or goes to his little house. I know they need to be outside in the fresh air, but this fresh air will kill them. I could not believe this morning when I went out to go to work, their was a dog running down the alley. Who is leaving their animals out in this? It is one thing for me to just wear a sweater as a jacket, but I am a 33 year old larger woman, not a scrawny dog without opposable thumbs.

Sickness. I have been ill free! I got both of my flu shots, seasonal and H1N1. I got them for free too. I tell you my job has so many perks it is almost obscene. That coupled with my routine bi-weekly massages keep me healthy…or as close to it as I can be.

Well I have gone on long enough about a lot of nothing so I think it is time to wrap it up. I hope to take photos this weekend and then I will post all my fluff for you to see. Perhaps if I get that tree up, I will take some photos of my favorite ornaments for you.

Comments

Popular Posts