Knitter Knitter On the Wall, Who's the Fairest of The All?



I cannot tell you how happy I am right now. Yesterday (monday), I completed my very first Fair Isle project. Nothing spectacular like a pair of mittens, but rather a simple snowflake square.






Earlier this year, Knitting Daily talked about being a fearless knitter. They asked how you were a fearless knitter in 2008. My answer to that was that I began knitting in 2008. I made my first everything in 2008. So, this year, my first act of fearlessness was knitting fair isle. Well that's not true, I was scared. I was nervous, but I did it without any glaring mistakes, actually without any mistakes. I knit back a few times in the middle of a row because I forgot to switch colors or switched too soon, but I was determined to prove I could do it and I did it.

It is with reason I did this. I want to make a throw using this pattern. I am currently in the process of working out the logistics on how I can do it in one piece so that I can avoid seaming. I am imagining a long circular and a huge pattern printout with detailed instructions. I know I can do it, but can I do it by Thanksgiving? I need to find the yarn first and then the needles (I already have my mind set on what needles I want) and then order and start. I am just finishing up working the grid in Excel so I can get an idea on what it will look like. Daunting? Yes, but I can do it.

Oh what a day today was! I had so much to do and it seemed like I wouldn't get it all done. Actually, I didn't get it all done. Every time I make a plan and know what I want to get done, there is always something else that comes up that screws up all my plans. For the first time, I am asking for help. I need to get the 1099 tax forms ready for mailing. I printed all of them today, but I did not get them stuffed. I was going to bring it home, but the end of the day came and all I wanted to do was something with yarn or knitting, so I left them at work and asked the new lady if she would have time to help me tomorrow. She is so nice and of course she said yes. I am just not a person that asks for help. I like to do everything on my own. I need to learn to ask for help. That is a goal for this year, to ask for help. So tomorrow, we are going to have a stuffing party. We can listen to my new Barry Manilow cd.

Speaking of Barry. I wonder if I am an old soul. Now, I don't really know what that means, but I have heard it. I wonder if I am because I really like older music. I adore Disco and anything that the Bee Gees put out. I like Barry Manilow, almost all 80s music and some of the 60s pop music. I feel like, what I imagine, an old soul feels like. So that is what I was wondering today as Barry sang his take on I've Had the Time of My Life.

I need to get my final 2008 Flex claim submitted. I must send myself an email reminding me to find a form at work tomorrow. I have one for 2008 and one for 2009 already. I think I am ready to do taxes. I must install the software. Perhaps I can do that tomorrow when I get home from work. I have a massage on Thursday and will be settling in to watch my Thursday shows. Well I think just one, I do believe that Bones is a repeat.

Oh, did anyone catch last Thursday's second Bones ep? The one where Booth was playing hockey? Yeah, it was totally sweet, right up until he was wearing an effing Flyer's jersey! WTF? Why did I think Booth was from the Pittsburgh area? Luc Robitaille was looking good though. So, I was totally digging that episode. We watched it Friday night on dvr. Speaking of DVR, I am totally caught up on Grey's Anatomy now. I feel bad for Mark. I am so happy that Christina and Mer are back together. And how soon before Mer's friend leaves? I don't like her at all. Let me just say that if that crackpot was my doctor, I would join Scientology to escape being treated by the nutball.

Does anyone else love love love The Mentalist? Don't you just want to take Patrick Jane home and keep him in a jar on your dresser and take him out for a laugh every now and then? I think he is adorable. And Cho is such an awesome character too.

I finally ordered my ball winder. I got the swift a couple of weeks ago and just got around to ordering the ball winder. I picked up a few notions as well. Is it just me or is there a phenomenon where stitch markers just disappear? I swear it is like the dryer eating socks. I imagine a little colony of stitch markers just yucking it up somewhere. Laughing at me every time I open the case and they are not there. I made some for my sister a few years ago for Christmas, but for some reason I have never made any for me. Well there is a reason, I can't find the damn littler findings to make them. When we did the small home improvement project this summer, I dumped a drawer of findings in a box and that box sits somewhere in the garage. In a few years I will probably find it and by that time I will have stocked up on stitch markers, much like I have socks.

Well it is time to go, I just wanted to share my joy and picture of my project from yesterday.

Comments

Popular Posts