Cheesits! Where Have I Been?

On Friday, I had a huge entry typed up, but then as sometimes I do, decided not to post it. I had told myself that I would try to post daily this year, but then I didn’t post anything on the 1st or the 2nd or the 3rd. This is why I don’t make resolutions. I don’t believe in them. There are some things that I want to do differently this year, but I do not call them resolutions. I could start them at any time, doesn’t have to necessarily be the 1st of the year. I want to change my health habits, but I am not starting until tomorrow. I want to be more fiscally organized. I am starting that with Friday’s payday. I want to knit almost daily, but I didn’t knit yesterday and I have not yet knitted today. I want to read a book a week. I finished a book tonight. I wanted to organize my patterns, I did that today. Things that I want to do and I would have started sooner, but life gets hectic and just when I think I was in a place where I thought I could start doing things, stuff happened. My friend and coworker moved away and got married, I took on her work. I hurt my back and let it go for weeks and finally went to PT. I bought a Nintendo DS and became addicted and let my knitting slide. Things happen. I am just going to try to adapt to them. I want to read a book a week and knit, then I have to take time away from something else and that is going to be sleeping. I want to exercise, I have to take time away from something else and that is my “decompression” time. Not really taking away, but doing it in a different way. It will all work out.

So, this year has been okay so far. I wouldn’t say great, although it certainly hasn’t been awful. I did take a nice tumble on the ice yesterday and banged my head off the house. Thankfully, I don’t think I sustained any brain damage.

I got my journal swap on Friday. I did three swaps this season. I did the Whoduknit Holiday Swap (I sent, I never received), I did the Ravelry Journal Swap and I did Open Diary’s Secret Santa. I love doing swaps and I am signed up to do the January Snow Swap in the Monthly Dishcloth Swappers group. I am almost ready to mail. I need to check on my partner and then see what I have. I have to block some dishcloths.

So I won a little money in the last few weeks and I am trying to decide what to do with it. I don’t need anymore clothes. Well I could use some pants, but they are near impossible to find that fit correctly and are comfortable. I had a huge cart filled at Knit Picks, but emptied it and am contemplating starting again and making an order. I could just dump it into savings and save it for a trip or for the yarn and needles I want. I just don’t know what to do.

I need to get my new year’s cards sent. I think I will set a goal that I have to do two a night, starting tomorrow. Tonight I will print the address labels for them.

I want to do a care package for my friend that moved away. I fear that she is lonely. I get emails from her almost daily and she just seems so alone and in need of friends. She left a lot when she moved away and I want to send her a little something. I think I will knit her up a hat and get her some slipper socks and some scrapbooking stuff.

I guess I should get going. I want to cast on a scarf, but I need to look up the pattern repeat I want to use. I will have to swatch it to see how it will turn out. Plus, Superstars of Dance is on and I thought I would check it out. I am so happy that shows start up again tomorrow. There are so many unanswered questions on some of my shows.

Comments

Popular Posts