Cancelled

Wanted: One skinny scarf pattern that knits up quickly and looks fabulous on fat girls. I am in search of a great skinny scarf that will knit up quickly in some worsted weight yarn that I already have stashed. I need something super simple and fast to do while watching television. It’s not that I don’t have stuff to do, it’s that I need stuff that is fast and busts my stash a little. I have about seven projects that I need to get done, but I need something to knit on straights! Everything I have to work on is knit in the round and I am getting a little bored going in circles!

My class was cancelled…completely. Went to class last night and was sitting there happily working on another hat (a lacey edge hat for me in olive green vanna) and the teacher came in and said she had a note that the class was cancelled. After much boohooing from other students, she spoke with the woman in charge and it’s official, we are cancelled. It doesn’t really upset me. Sure there are things I wanted to be shown, but I can probably find it on youtube. And there are several shows on Tuesday nights that I can knit while watching. So, I am not too upset. I expect a full refund to be coming my way soon.

I like the cold months. I have sweaters galore and I adore them. I love to get all snugly in my sweaters for work and I think I like wearing socks. I don’t wear socks in the summer. I also get to wear scarves in the cold months and I like that, hence my search for the perfect pattern. I found a pattern for the cutest little ankle cuffs and I am going to work some up to wear with a skirt and tights. I just need to decide on a color. I am thinking a pair in purple to go with my new sweater. Maybe I can get those done this weekend and then look super cute next week. That means another in the round project. I just want to use my new super pretty harmony needles.

Wow, I come back from lunch and there is a man on a ladder outside my window. It kind of freaks me out to have someone behind me. I don’t like when people are on ladders, I am always scared they will fall. I have a huge fear of heights, not only from my perspective but from seeing others up high. I don’t like the circus because of high wire acts. I am always afraid they are going to fall and go splat. And the ball of doom, where the motorcycles spin around each other, I always think someone is going to slip and then they will all blow up and die. Yeah, can’t really go to the circus anymore.

I had to may an eye exam appointment because I took out a lot of flex money this year and I don’t want to leave any on the table, so I figure I will get my eyes checked and get new glasses. I haven’t had any new ones for a few years. I actually haven’t been wearing mine for a while because I didn’t know where they were, but I found them so I have been wearing them this week. It is amazing how much easier it is to read things.

I totally hosed up nine checks today. My brain just was not working at that moment. Frustrating. I had to void all of them and reissue. Eh…at least it wasn’t ninety…I would still be voiding them!

Well I should scootaroo and do some journal entries. I am behind a day since I took yesterday off.

Comments

Popular Posts