I am stumped

I had a very odd dream last night. For some reason I was driving along the highway (not sure where I was going), a very windy, mountainous, forest highway, and I look over and see an extremely large (we are talking dinosaur large) black/gray camel. Odd. Then about a mile up the road, there is an extremely large Sasquatch, hmm this is weird. Then another couple miles up the road, two huge wooly mammoths. WTF? Yeah, that’s what I said. Trying to figure out where this came from is puzzling. I can see the wooly mammoths because of them being frozen in the tundra (yes I watched Day After Tomorrow ad nauseum) and it was freaking cold and wet yesterday…it snowed. In June, it snowed! The camel and sasquatch? I have no idea what that was all about and I don’t know why they were so freakishly huge.

If I could do anything I wanted to right now, I would take the afternoon off and go workout then go home and knit a swatch to get the gauge for the socks I want to cast on tonight, then I would pick a book and start reading. I can’t do that though, because I have to work. I am waiting for someone to bring me back some bills and then I can sort bills all afternoon so I can spend all day tomorrow entering them. I can’t wait. I could be working on another facility right now, but she hasn’t sent out end of the month stuff yet *head on desk*. She should have sent them out at least by Monday. I have been waiting all week for those!

I didn’t mention it before, but while perusing Ravelry, I could not find a So You Think You Can Dance group…so I created one and in less than 24 hours, I had nearly 100 people join. A couple of weeks later and we are cruising towards 200 members. Holy Mexican Jumping Beans Batboy that’s amazing! I also have an America’s Best Dance Crew, but only a handful of members. I figure that will pick up when the show starts up again.

Last week I set a new goal for the summer…a book a week. So far, I have finished my book for this week. I am going to start another one tonight. The last one I read was decent enough. Review to come.

I am such a nerdy dork. That’s kind of redundant, but I think pretty accurate. I have a workbook with so many different sheets. One is my master to do, one sheet is what was completed each month, one sheet is my planning sheet, one sheet is my calculations sheet, one sheet is my reading tally. It’s nerdy. They are color coded too. I code what’s overdue in bright pink, what’s due in less than three days in bright green, what’s50-74% done in orange and what’s 75%+ in bright teal. Then when a project is complete, it is striked out and colored in deep gray with lilac print. I am such a dork. I have no life outside of work and the Internet. It doesn’t bother me though.

I have a chunk of money sitting in my savings account that I have spent a thousand times over. I want to buy so many things with so little money. I want to shop in DC, I want a Wii, I want the complete sets of Sex and the City and Angel, I want a ton more cotton yarn. I just want want want. I guess I will start putting stuff on my things I want list and give it to my mom.

I voted absentee this year. Actually, I vote absentee every year for the last four years or so. I love it. The first thing I did when I got my ballot was vote for Hillary. Not that it helped, but I can hold my head high and say “I voted for Hillary” Of course I will vote for Obama in the general. The thought of another republican term turns my stomach and makes me lightheaded. I was a little surprised in some local races. We have a bit of controversy with our current Chief Executive and the primary race was four deep. I voted for the current CE because I like him and I think he did an okay job. He did what people wanted and it cost a little money…not a big deal. Anywho nobody thought he would advance, but he did and he actually came out narrowly on top. He is going up the soon to be former Clerk and Recorder. I cannot vote for her. I cannot put support behind someone who has one of their main goals being a water park. I am sorry, but our town has bigger priorities and I just can’t get behind that being a main priority. And hearing her talk about it, you just have to say, “Do you fucking hear yourself?”

I wanted to just keep exercising last night, but I had to go to a doctor’s appointment. Yesterday was the perfect day to workout, it was cold and sleety. But I had to go and sit and wait to spend less than 8 minutes with the provider. I will have to watch my bill. I am not going to be overcharged for that. I will fight it.

I have to go to the dentist later this month for a small filling. I don’t relish that. My appointment is at 4:00 so the earliest I will be able to eat is probably 6:30. That will just about kill me. The day after though, I get my monthly massage.

I am stumped. I just don’t know what to knit next. I finished my dishcloth the other night and was all set to start a new one, but I just couldn’t get into one I liked. Tried again last night and nothing. I finally swatched for socks, but my gauge is off so I need to re swatch tonight on larger needles. I am almost to the part where I know I need to go up a needle size all the time. That’s what I have done on my dishcloths lately. They have come out quite nice I think.

Well I guess I will sort more bills now and get back to work. Lunch is in 45 minutes. I need a little break from my office. Not that I am going far, just down the hall.

Okie dokie…toodlie loo

Comments

Popular Posts