...when I realized that it was Canadian


So somewhere around 17 hours ago, I turned 32. I was asleep. Then two hours and 44 minutes into my 32nd year I had horrible cramping. Ugh…not the best way to start the day. It resolved and I went back to sleep. Somewhere around 7:30 I got up for real. I got a phone call at 8:08 and my mom and nephews sang happy birthday to me. I spent the day at home for the most part. I did some laundry, did some work, watched hockey, checked my email. Nothing overly exciting. After my nap, I got up and got dressed and my aunt took me to an early dinner. Did a little gambling and then came home.

Currently on the television is HGTV and a show about RV’s. While it is interesting, I am switching back to baseball. The Braves are playing. They are loosing, but they are on television. It took over an hour for me to get birthday kisses from the boys this morning. I don’t think they understand birthday. I don’t like Joe Simpson…at least I think that is his name. Truth be told, I don’t like ESPN announcers. Bandwagonning bastards.

I have to go to the so called valley tomorrow. We can just call it Hell Valley. Not looking forward to that.

This morning I opened up the newspaper to find out that on Tuesday, Bill Clinton will be in my town. He will be at the local public high school at 5:45. I think I might try to go. I love, love, love Bill Clinton. I am taking a book and going after my dentist appointment. I would take my knitting, but I might not get through security. I will see. Holy dorkiness Robin, the president is in the booth with the ESPN nummers.

I get a massage tomorrow. Definitely looking forward to that. I can’t wait actually.

I have a lot to do still. I had this whole plan of things I would get done while mom is gone and so far I haven’t done anything. I mean I have done stuff, but I haven’t completed anything except laundry. Yes, you read that correctly, I did laundry today. Not just underwear and towels, but real clothing. This is a big deal. For 31 years, I have never ever done my own laundry. You see, I am quite spoiled. I rarely cook myself dinner, never did my own laundry, usually get waited on instead of doing the waiting on of others and generally get my feet rubbed if I ask for it. I don’t pick up a lot of dog poo either. I have some I need to pick up…I should do that now instead of tomorrow…but it is freaking cold outside. I have to take garbage out on Tuesday anyways, so if I do it tomorrow it will be okay.

Speaking of cold, I am expecting it to snow a bunch tonight because I have to be on the highway to hell tomorrow. Ugh. But you know what…in two weeks I won’t even be near my computer. I will be in Washington visiting my sister. I am going to spend a lot of money. Just want you all to know that.

Have I mentioned my total and complete dislike of my neighbors? If not, let me tell you that I totally and completely dislike my neighbors. Their dogs shit all over our front lawn. Well what is left of the grass anyways. It is gross. They don’t give a shit either. They obviously don’t care that I am trying to sleep at 10:30-11:30 at night when the fat ass is out there whistling and calling for the little bastards. I have noticed lately that when her little dogs are along our fence, Elliott pees on them. I know he is trying to make it known that this is his domain, but he definitely pees on them most of the time. I have seen it hit them. I always tell Ell what a good boy he is and give him a pat on the head and treat.

I was going to paint our front door red this weekend, but decided to wait. It wouldn’t have gotten done anyways because it is too freaking cold. Where are the nice springy days I am wishing for? I want to take mostly capris on my trip, but now I don’t know. It has been snowing there. I didn’t plan on taking a lot of socks, but it looks like I am going to have to…which means I might have to go buy some. I can’t wear socks with some of my comfies because they have shrunk up to Michael Jackson length and I am not going to look like some freaky white man.

If you are planning on watching the movie The Phoenix Agenda, I suggest you rethink that. Unless you like poorly made, horribly written, terrible acting Canadian movies. Seriously, I wasn’t paying super close attention because I was painting something, but I think I finally turned it off after ½ hour when I realized that it was Canadian. Just like Canadian hockey teams, I am not a fan of horribly made Canadian movies. Who sets a movie in Canada these days anyways?

I started to watch We Own the Night, but I didn’t feel like paying close attention, so I quit. Maybe sometime down the road, I will try it again. I think it might be an okay movie, but I think you need to be in the right mood, and honestly the only thing I have been in the mood for are soaps and hockey or baseball.

Okay, well I need to let my children in the house and get stuff ready for work tomorrow…

Comments

Popular Posts