Why do it?

There are some things I just don’t understand. For instance, I don’t understand Quantum Physics, or the appeal of The Apprentice. I don’t understand the Middle East or Japanese or Chinese for that matter. Another thing I don’t understand is the desire of some people to tell their life stories to strangers. I am not talking about blogs. I understand blogging. I should, I do it enough. I am talking about Yahoo Groups again. It is one thing to ask for some easy-to-do lightweight pattern ideas, but it is an entirely different thing to go into extreme detail about why you need them (a hospital stay to push your innards back in). I don’t understand that. I don’t understand people who post “I’ll be gone” messages either. Granted in a few groups, I am more of a lurker, but that is because I don’t share the private details of my life.

This is something that has been on my mind for quite a while now. I have even talked with Mom about it…well because she is there and she listens. Is it because people want the sympathy or pity? Is it because it makes them feel special? Why do it? I have been on groups for quite a number of years and when I have had things happen (deaths, births (not mine), quitting a job, getting a job, quitting that job, getting a better job), I have not made announcements about it. I make announcements when I finish a project or update my craft blog, if it is relevant to the group, but I don’t share personal information.

I don’t share it, I sure as heck don’t want to read about it. I have been deleting more and more posts because they are either off topic or written in all capital letters. There is nothing I hate quite as much as something being written in all capital letters. That is just annoying and almost rude. Capital letters affect the eyes. I don’t have a study to back this up, but I am sure something has been done on it. I personally think that it is poor internet/email etiquette to write in all capital letters. Not to say that if you want to emphasize something, a word or two in all caps is justified, but the whole entire email including the subject line is not! If I see it, I delete it. I don’t care what kind of gems might be inside, I just can’t do it.

Another thing I can’t do is start the day off with a headache. Oy. I woke up with a headache and still have it. I am going to go get some caffeinated beverage in hopes that that will help. I also plan on taking a handful of ibuprofen. My eyes feel weird. The music station I have on sucks and I don’t know where to begin my work. I am in somewhat of a quandary. I will get through it though. I guess I will start with credit cards and then do mail. I can’t wait.

Well I didn’t do much last night. I did the whole email, read my faves thing. I settled on my pattern to take to class this week. I am making something for my sister and need to learn a few new techniques. I tried to watch Welcome To The Captain, but that was horrible. My Penguins lost in overtime and the Avalanche got screwed on a call. I knitted some while watching General Hospital and then screwed up the dishcloth, which quite honestly wasn’t really working. It is very hard to see a design on variegated yarn. So, I practiced binding off. I have about half a dishrag. Eh…I will do a tyrtle tonight while watching One Tree Hill. I watched Days. Let me tell you, I am so glad I did not miss John slamming Marlena’s head into the wall. That was fun. I checked out the Today’s Special Value on QVC, watched the beginning of the news, until they started talking politics and then I went to bed.

Today calls for the usual, work and email/internet stuff when I get home and then some television watching. Lucky me.

Comments

Popular Posts