Presenting....

Last week I promised a picture of my latest loom project. Well here it is…
This is the original workup from the pattern. I have named this project Myrtle Tyrtle(s). The pattern author called them Shellies. I made this as a sort of reminder of my Granny. Well to say I was disappointed in the size is an understatement! I guess I didn’t really think about what loom was used when I saw the supply list. The pictures that were posted looked much larger. So, I wanted something more substantial so I did a little bit of math, calling on my days of algebra, and came up with some new numbers and created this…

I like it much better. I actually included the tail on the larger Myrtle. I am in need of a small bottle of Emeraud to add the final touch and make the memory Myrtles more original. (Granny used Emeraud perfume). It didn’t take all that much more time to work up the larger one than it did the smaller one. There was some trial and error with the legs, but I am very happy with the end result. I have been wanting to use this yarn since I bought it, but every time I went to work with it, it was too thin. So I double stranded with a solid sage green and thus the result is a very earthy Tyrtle (or Dude as my nephew would say). I used beads for eyes, because I didn’t have any small googlies.

So anyways, that is my latest project. I am getting ready to start my first needle project and my first crochet project, but I had to get this out of the way first.

As an added bonus, here are pictures of my new wall art. Every year for Christmas, I get a new purse, some sort of novelty purse. The first year, I got the Grease purse, followed by the smaller black Elvis purse, then the Elvis magazine purse, then my nephew Niklas made me my canvas purse, then my sister got me the wooden purse, then last year I got the Bee Gees purse (who doesn’t just adore the Bee Gees?), then this year I got Fraggle Rock (I need another hook to hang it). I was going to buy shelves to put them on, but then trying to find floating shelves that are large enough to hold the purses, coupled with anchoring and leveling, the hooks worked much better and I could stagger them. They are also easily removable. I have also used these hooks to hang my looms in my craft closet. So much easier! So without further ado, here is my wall art…




Comments

Popular Posts