Fall Lineup Predictions

Okay kids, it is time for me to make my fall television new show predictions...

Let me preface this by saying that I don’t watch sitcoms, so I am taking a stab in the dark when it comes to how those will fair.

· 20 Good Years – I say that this will develop a sort of cult following like Arrested Development and Third Rock did.
· 30 Rock – I don’t watch SNL, but I think there is too much hype and this won’t last. Especially not with Studio 60 in the mix.
· Big Day – An entire season set around mishaps on your wedding day? I half expect to see Keifer Sutherland in a veil carrying a bouquet of callalillies. I say NO
· Brothers & Sisters – This could be the show that Sex and the Cityiers are waiting for. Keeping my fingers crossed.
· Friday Night Lights – Monday Night Football is more than enough. Okay for a movie, but not ready for prime time.
· Happy Hour - No
· Help Me Help You - Dr. Phil is one therapist too many on tv. I say NO
· Heroes – Milo is not having such a great run of luck lately and I don’t think this will fair any better.
· Jericho – Nuclear clouds? How depressing.
· Justice – May be able to ride the coattails of Bruckheimer’s CSI trilogy. Plus Kerr Smith is kind of hot.
· Kidnapped – The whole season centers around one kidnapping. People, we already have 24, we don’t need just one story line shows.
· Knights of Prosperity – Good thing Mick Jagger has music to fall back on.
· Men in Trees – Might just be the next Northern Exposure
· Notes From the Underbelly - Sounds like Sex and the City for the married, child loving crowd. Not my cup of tea.
· Runaway - Donnie Wahlberg is a good actor, so I am hoping this takes off for him. That being said, I probably won’t watch it, because I forget about networks other than Fox, CBS, and NBC.
· Shark - Looking forward to this show. James Woods plays a dick really really well.
· Six Degrees - This is the first I have heard of it and probably the last.
· Smith – This story seems played out. Ray should stick to guest starring gigs.
· Standoff - Okay, finally something to sink my teeth into. The acting is terrible and that is just from the previews. The premise is so cliched. These characters might live on in 50 or so fan fics floating around the web.
· Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - This is a big ticket for NBC. I am thinking Las Vegas meets West Wing.
· The Class - I don’t remember anyone from third grade. Stick a fork in it, it’s done.
· The Game - You can make it any sport you want to, it will not make it to the playoffs.
· The Nine - There are going to be people who love this show and they will be greatly disappointed, when ABC pulls the plug on it.
· Til Death – This is the show Everybody Loves Raymond fans have been waiting for. Fox needs this sitcom to take off and replace exiting Arrested Development and That 70s Show.
· Ugly Betty - I don’t think America is ready for Betty. We still like to see the pretty people on tv.
· Vanished – The 24 fans are going to tune in to see if Walt had something to do with his wife’s disappearance. That and they have nothing else to watch until January
To Recap

·
20 Good Years - Yes
·
Big Day - No
·
Brothers & Sisters - Yes
·
Friday Night Lights - No
·
Happy Hour - No
·
Help Me Help You - No
·
Heroes - No
·
Jericho - No
·
Justice - Yes
·
Kidnapped - No
·
Knights of Prosperity - No
·
Men in Trees – Maybe
·
Notes From the Underbelly - No
·
Runaway – Good Chance
·
Shark - Yes
·
Six Degrees - No
·
Smith - No
·
Standoff - No
·
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - Yes
·
The Class - No
·
The Game - No
·
The Nine - No
·
Til Death - Yes
·
Ugly Betty - No
·
Vanished - Yes

Comments

Popular Posts