A romance that isn't

I have done something that I thought I would never do….

I bought and started to read a Harlequin romance novel.

I don’t know what happened. One minute I am looking for a Ridley Pearson book to complete my collection and the next thing I know, I have picked up a baby name book and am staring at romance novels. Then, as I am paying, I realize that I actually found one that piqued my interest. Oddly enough, I go outside to find that in fact hell is not freezing over as the temperature is soaring into the high 80s. Which, for a girl in Montana, is freaking hot.

I was going to try really hard this year to just deal with the heat and not complain about it…it’s not working. I like the summer months because the highways are not snowy and icy…but I hate the heat. It makes you all sweaty and sticky for no reason. It brings out bugs and allergies. For me, it is miserable. I keep wondering if skinny people are more comfortable than larger people in the summer. One day, I might find out the answer.

A Harlequin book? Really? Oh, I don’t know what is happening to me.

Well since dinner was disgusting, I am going to blow some points on cereal.

Comments

Popular Posts